Spring and Wire Forming Machines
If you demand the ultimate in versatility in your spring making requirements, look no further than the Herdon CSX Series CNC Spring Forming machines. Featuring eight servo driven slides, full wire rotation capability, rotary quill, and the ability to add optional single or dual axis servo spinners as well as the EA Second Hook Finishing Station, the CSX Series represents the top of the line in spring forming technology. Equipped as standard with a twelve axis CNC and easily upgradeable to sixteen axes, the CSX series offers the following software features:
• Graphical display of all axis positions on one easy to view screen.
• Easy to use but powerful programming system.
• ‘Bad Spring’ subroutine capability for lights out operation and automatic sorting.
• Automatic O.D. adjustment capability.
• Quill protection mode eliminates costly quill regrinding and replacement during set up by allowing cut-off only under programmed parameters.
• Wire and quill rotation sync ability for using shaped materials.
• Wire rotation to probe, and wire bending with servo spinner to probe.
• Dual encoder feedback system ensures tight wire feeding tolerances.
The all servo tooling slides significantly reduces set up times, and combined with wire rotation capability the impossible suddenly becomes possible! With the sixteen axis upgrade the CSX can easily accomodate multiple single or dual axis servo spinners. The possibilities are practically limitless. The single axis servo spinner reduces tooling costs, and multiple single axis servo spinners can increase production rates by reaching the part from different angles without the need for wire rotation. Dual axis servo spinners give the capability to generate multiple bend radii from one spinner.
In addition to reduced set up times and vastly improved versatility, with the CSX Series powerful CNC system and operating software production speeds comparable to cam machines are now possible!
Since it’s introduction, the Herdon CSX Series All-Servo CNC Spring Forming machine has become the flagship and most popular product in our machinery inventory. Take your production capabilities to a new level with RK and the Herdon CSX Series All-Servo machine!
• Multiple-axis (up to 16 axis) PC-based CNC controller with color display. Standard configuration
requires 11 axes: 8 slides, wire feed, rotating quill, rotating wire.
• Innovative no-cam design simplifies setup effort and adds versatility to machine capability. With the
additional features like rotating quill, rotating wire, and servo spinner, the machine gives a whole new
dimension for spring makers.
•Specially designed operator interface provides intuitive way of generating part programs. Graphical
representation of actual axes and table entry removes the need to know the CNC programming.
• TEACH function provides an easy, fast way to generate computer program.
• TEST mode allows control of program execution by hand.
• Auto detection of abnormal/error conditions, e.g. wire feed failure, servo motor alarms, battery
low, . . . etc.
• Tool management keeps track of setup information on one spring. This reduces the re-production effort
to a minimum.
• Product management provides manager information of each production job.
STANDARD ACCESSORIES OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT/TOOLING
Slides 8 Sets Second-Hook Finish Station (EA)
Tool Posts & Holders 16 Pcs Rotating Quill
Touch Probe 2 Sets Servo Spinner
Lamp 1 Pcs Power Transformer
Tool Box w/ hand tools 1 Set Auto Reel